Call for Doctoral Consortium Nominations
Nominations are invited for the Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS) 2017 Doctoral Consortium. The Consortium provides a unique opportunity for doctoral students in Information Systems to present their research to an audience of peers and senior faculty.
The Consortium is sponsored by the Australian Council of Professors and Heads of Information Systems (ACPHIS). There is no charge for registration and catering at the Consortium. However, students will need to fund travel and accommodation costs.
The Consortium focuses on providing constructive feedback to students on their research and provides students with an opportunity to:
- present their work in a supportive and constructive environment
- receive feedback and suggestions from peers and experienced faculty
- gain an overview of the breadth, depth and directions of IS research
- discuss concerns about research, supervision, and other career-related issues
- network with peers, future colleagues and IS faculty
The Consortium is limited to 24 students. Candidates must be current doctoral students from a recognized university. Each IS department/school can nominate a maximum of 2 candidates and must rank their applications.
Ideally, the candidate should have chosen their theoretical approach, developed their methodology, and started their empirical work, but should at the time of the Consortium have at least 6-12 months of work remaining before expected completion.
Submissions will be reviewed by the ACIS’17 DC Consortium Mentors. In the first round all first ranked applications will be considered. A second round will be conducted if all places are not filled in the first round.
All successful applicants must also register and attend the ACIS2017 conference, including its social functions.
29 th Sep 2017(NEW DEADLINE) 13th Oct 2017 - Nomination deadline 27thOct 2017(NEW DEADLINE) 3rd Nov - Notification of Acceptance
- 1stDec 2017 - Registration and Welcome reception
- 2nd - 3rd Dec 2017 - Doctoral Consortium
- 4th - 6thDec 2017 - ACIS2017 main conference
The application must include the following
- A proposal that must use the attached template to outline the candidate’s research topic, research question(s), key background literature, proposed methodology, current stage of the research, and plans for completion.
- A cover page showing the candidate’s full name, affiliation (university and school/department), and all contact details including name, mailing and e-mail addresses, and telephone and fax numbers. The candidate should also indicate the name(s) of his or her faculty supervisors.
- A letter from the candidate’s PhD supervisor or Head of School or equivalent, supporting the student’s nomination for the Consortium. Home institutions are encouraged to provide financial assistance to successful nominees in the form of travel and accommodation support and main conference registration.
- A covering note from the Head of School (or equivalent) ranking the nominations from their school/department.The language of the consortium is English. All submitted materials must be in English. Attendees must have sufficient proficiency in English to allow them to participate in the academic discussions of the Consortium.
- Please submit 1.,2.,3, and 4. (above) as a single .pdf document to the conference Easy Chair system <click here>
At the Consortium
All attending students must stay at the doctoral Consortium accommodation for the duration of the Consortium. Any family members accompanying the student will need to arrange their own accommodation.
Further details about the Consortium program, mentors and keynotes will be posted at the website Doctoral Consortium/ as details are finalized.
Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs:
Deborah Bunker (University of Sydney)
Henry Linger (Monash University)